11 December 2005

Oxford

I am a stipendiary lecturer at three Oxford colleges. I teach German language and literature for the university courses below, as well as giving some faculty lectures.
First-year courses
·II – Translations from and into German
·III – Literary commentary (on poems and prose)
·IV – Literature 1890-1930
Second-year courses
·Translation studies (theory and practice)
·VIII – Literature 1730-1890 (each student selects four topics which would typically cover 20-25 primary texts; on this course I teach 10 topics)
·X – Special authors (each student selects two major authors to study in depth; on this course I teach the works of the following: Rilke, Kafka, Brecht, Grass, Wolf)
Final-year courses
·II – Translation from German
·VIII – Literature 1890-2000 (each student selects four topics which would typically cover 20-25 primary texts; on this course I teach 12 topics)

This is the building where my office is located.